Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hmm.

August 15th lands me in the land of boring. Actually, its painful just to sit here and try to fill in some space. I mean, if I had a little drama in my life, I'd have no problem. But life is just too "adult-ish" for me to elaborate on the life of me.


On an upside, we have recently started to watch the 1st season of "Rescue Me." The best part? No commecials. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised because when it first came out in 2004 and was showing on FX, I wasn't that impressed. BUt After the 1st episode, we're hooked! Denis Leary is excellent and the charachters really gel well together...The show is a weird mix of drama, comedy relief and action. Its an interesting view of a fire fighters life. I keep saying through the entire show - "wow, I wouldn't ever want to be a fire fighter in a big city..." because if you think about it, they don't just put out fires. They have to respond to accidents, to family crisises (is that how you spell it?) and to any kind of other incidents that aren't so good on the soul. I mean, how do you handle having to deal with death, burning flesh, crazy people or accidents that shouldn't have happened? I mean, I feel sick when I accidentally singe a piece of hair on my head - how would I do if I smelled someone's flesh burning away? Most likely, not so good. I admire people who put themselves before anyone else. Not everyone is built that way.

The other thing, too, is as I was saying in the beginning - Denis Leary is excellent in this show. I have been used to his quick witted stand-up and harsh sarcastic look on life, but he applies his personality to this type of character and it works really, really well for him. I can't honestly say that I am a full-on Denis Leary fan, but to tell you the truth after watching the first 6 epidodes, I'm starting a new appreciation for him as an actor. Plus, I thought he was great in the Ice Age movies. Haha.

So if anyone out there is reading this - and I highly doubt it - go watch it!

ANYways. I'll end it here. Before someone else ends it for me.

2 comments:

Hanh said...

hahaha, you love your tv shows.
Anyway as for the black/white/color picture thing. I use adobe photoshop. Change your color picture into black & white and then with the history paint brush tool "color" over whatever part you want the original color to be, and that's it!

Unknown said...

Hi Meg!